Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Blog #2

Out of all the steps to good writing, the easiest one for me would be showing dedication towards my writing. As a journalist I believe that being passionate about your writing really shows and gains the attention of others. When I write, I really try to be passionate about my topic. I realize many other people will be reading what I write and I would really like for them to be engaged and be interested as they read along.  I care about what I write as much as I would appreciate others to care about what they read.

The step I consider to be the hardest for me would be editing my writing, or in other words keeping it simple. I have a tendency to over analyze my writing and I keep adding more and more things as I re-read. Usually this isn't a good thing because I end up writing too much and making it confusing. I tend to go off tangent and write about something completely off topic. This is a continuous habit for me that I would love to break!

Some steps that would work well for me to fix this, is having someone else read what I write. I think that having someone else read it out loud can help me receive constructive criticism. This way I can really point out things that I can edit out or re-arrange. I also think that this class will help me improve where I am weak, so I am really looking forward to it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment