Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Blog #10

The three most valuable things that I learned about feature writing is the creativity, the engagement and the structure behind it. I think feature writing is probably the most fun I've had writing in a while. I feel like this class has improved my writing in a way where I was able to find myself. I figured out what tone I set for my readers, how my writing describes the type of person I am, and how everyone's writing techniques are unique. This course helped me decide that Feature Profile's are my favorite type of writing. I like to ask questions, I like to engage in conversations, I like to write about other people, and most of all I like to get to know individuals on a personal level. This is probably the most fun I had writing this course.

My least favorite type of writing is the Investigation/ Enterprise stories. Although mentioned before, I like asking questions, I do not like the research that is involved with enterprise stories. I feel like this writing style is very time consuming and possibly boring. Maybe my topic didn't interest me as much, or maybe I really just don't like researching, but enterprise stories and I don't go well together.

What's next for me you ask? I will continue to keep a blog, take other writing courses, and eventually get a job where I would continue to write Personal Profiles.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you learned about feature writing and found it fun! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete